Writing Center Location
The Writing Center is located in the back of the library.
Please schedule within these time frames.
Face to Face Appointments:
Tuesday: 9:00am-12:00pm, 2:00pm-4:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am-12:00pm, 2:00pm-4:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm, 2:00pm-4:00pm
Monday: 9:00am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-4:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-4:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-4:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-4:00pm
Friday: 9:00am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-4:00pm
1. Face to Face Appointments:
Students may schedule a 30-minute or 1-hour appointment with a trained tutor Tuesday-Thursday at least 48 hours in prior to requested appointment date.
2. Online Appointments:
Students may schedule an online appointment with the Writing Center if they are not able to meet face to face. The appointment must be requested through the “Request an Appointment” tab above. Requirements for an online appointment are sent in the appointment confirmation email.
The Writing Center offers multiple hour-long writing workshops on specific writing topics throughout each semester. Topics include, but are not limited to: Learning the SBL Writing Style, Footnote Assistance, Learning the Differences Between Summarizing, Quoting, and Paraphrasing, etc.
How to Successfully Schedule a Writing Center Appointment
To be successful in both scheduling and completing a Writing Center Appointment, please follow the steps below!
1. Select “Request a Writing Center Appointment” under the Academics and Writing Center tab at labi.edu.
2. Read the information carefully and fill out the required spaces.
3. Select an “online” or “face to face” Writing Center Appointment.
4. Submit the page.
5. Wait for a confirmation email. *Please Note: i.) an appointment is not confirmed until a confirmation email is received on the student’s end ii.) confirmation emails should be sent within 24 hours of appointment request. *
6. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, please email email@example.com.
7. If you wish to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please email the Writing Center 24-hours in advance.
8. Details on what items are needed for an appointment such as the assignment, rubric, note taking materials, etc. are explained in the confirmation email.