The Los Angeles Department of Public Health has given the following guidelines for everyday personal preventive actions:
- Stay home when you are sick. Stay home for at least 24 hours after you no longer have a fever or symptoms of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
- Limit close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
If you would like to know more information, the following links provide updates on the coronavirus and public health information:
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
California Department of Public Health
Center for Disease Control
World Health Organization
Please continue to practice the recommendations given at the local, state, and federal levels to mitigate the spread of this virus. For national updates concerning the coronavirus, please visit the CDC's website cdc.gov.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact LABI by calling 626-968-1328 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.